Top 5 Things to do in Hobart- Australia
Hobart happens to be a destination that attracts tourists from all over the world thanks to its picturesque surroundings.
There is no doubt about the fact that Hobart is quite close to Antarctica; however, that does not imply that it is deprived of warmth and sunshine. Being the capital of Tasmania, this location has plenty to offer for the tourists out there.
Below, we have mentioned the top 5 things to do in Hobart, Australia.
1. Visit the top of Mount Wellington: In case you go to the summit of Mount Wellington on a hot sunny day, it will be a fantastic way to escape the scorching heat. This location provides some fantastic views over the harbor and the city from a height of 1271 m above sea level. You may also hire mountain bikes for exploring the area in case you like.
2. Visit the Salamanca Markets: This will definitively be amongst the best things to indulge in downtown Hobart. This market, which is an extremely popular one, is open every Saturday. Hobart is renowned for its artisanal products, creative residents, and local fare. Visit this market in Hobart for experiencing some of the best items obtainable in Tasmania. Here, you will come across in excess of 300 open-air stalls, and you will also be able to enjoy mouthwatering food.
3. Go to the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary: While you are in Hobart, it is compulsory to witness the local wildlife. Pay a visit to this sanctuary for a memorable experience. Apart from watching the native wildlife in Tasmania from close, you’ll be able to learn about the different creatures of this area as well.
4. Indulge at Street Eats @ Franko: This will be one of the most inexpensive things to do while you are in Hobart. Make sure to visit the Street Eats @ Frank market which is open every Friday evening for one of the well-known foodie events in the city. This happens to be an important food stop in Hobart which is full of live music, food trucks, a bar, as well as market stalls.
5. Spend a Day at Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay: In case you are staying in Hobart for several days as a tourist, visiting the Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay is something which you should not ignore. This area showcases the incredible natural beauty of this location. Enjoy strolling in nature while observing picturesque views and enjoying a scrumptious seafood lunch right here.
There are plenty of interesting points in Hobart which is surrounded by incredible natural beauty as well as national parks with impressive rivers, coastlines, and mountains. Hobart is also known for its cultural heritage and rich history. Hopefully, this above-mentioned article will help you to have a great time in Hobart.