Top 5 Things to Do in Colmar, France
Colmar which is situated in the Alsace area of France is exactly as dreamy in real life as the many colorful pictures of it on the internet suggest.
. The beautiful, medieval architecture of this place is a big attraction for tourists. There are bus routes as well as train routes from different parts of France that take you to Colmar. Hope this article helps you to plan a budget-friendly and timely managed trip to Colmar! Enjoy!
1. Old Town of Colmar- An aimless stroll along the streets of this Old Town might not be a bad idea as you can also follow the Old Town Tourist Trail and visit the nooks and corners of the town. Little Venice and Colmar Cathedral are just a couple of sights among many in the Old Town.
Little Venice- If you feel you want a different angle to viewing the wonderful architecture of The Old Town, then you can go for a boat ride on the shallow canals flowing below the bridges and through the town.
Colmar Cathedral- This church is another main attraction of Colmar and although it is visible from many other places, a close-up shot of this massive beauty is of supreme importance.
2. Hiking- If you want to spend some time with nature, then engage yourself in a gorgeous walk among the vineyards. The exquisite beauty of the landscapes is good enough to take your breath away.
3. Biking- Ride your bike to a few nearby places like Eguishiem, Riquewihr, Kayserberg, and Ribeuville also known as the four wonders of Alsace because what can be better for your body and mind than this! A perfect vacation indeed!
4. Museums of Colmar- Any trip is incomplete without the visits to the local museums that tell so much about the history, art, literature, and lives of the locals of the place. Also, the artist who created The Statue of Liberty, Auguste Bartholdi, hails from Colmar so you can imagine the museums would have a lot to tell!
5. Beer and Wine - The local French Craft Beer and Alsace Wine of Colmar are famous all over the world and make sure you get a taste of them before you bid the place goodbye. If you are like most people who cannot resist bringing back some of the drinks home, then make sure that the packaging of the drinks is perfect!