5 Cool Things to do in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand’s amazing temple city is incredible and marvelous. A perfect picturesque city, Chiang Mai has amazing safaris,
Chiang Mai, in Thailand’s northern side is a city that is a very popular tourist destination on account of its suitable climate, its history, beautiful natural surroundings and large number of Buddhist temples. Its growth in the tourism industry can be estimated from the fact that there are more than 30000 hotel rooms available for visitors from all over the world.
If you were on a tour to Chiang Mai you have to visit the following places :
1. Hike to the ancient Buddhist temple, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep: This is a must visit place when you come to Chiang Mai, be prepared to climb the 309 step staircase to reach the famous white elephant statue. Click photos of the amazing view from the top.
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
2. Take photos of the Asian Golden Cat at the Doi Suthep-Pui National Park: This zoo has a great collection of plants and mammals and around 300 bird species. Watch the Asian Golden Cat or Malayan Porcupine among animals or photograph the grey capped pygmy woodpecker and many other birds.
Doi Suthep Pui National Park
3. Explore the amazing Chiang Dao Caves: Hire a guide to take you around the various caves and discover the ancient Buddha images along with a number of statues and shrines.
Chiang Do Cave
4. Buy colorful fancy umbrellas at Bo–Sang Handicraft village: Be sure to visit this village well known for its hand crafted parasols, umbrellas and other beautiful products made mostly from paper made from the mulberry tree bark.
Bor Sang Village
5. Have your photos taken with baby tiger cubs at Chiang Mai Night Safari: Your visit to Chiang Mai won’t be complete without a trip here. Take an open sided tram ride and watch the cheetahs, wildebeests, zebras, antelopes and other animals from close range. You can pose among the baby lions or tiger cubs for photos.
Chiang Mai Night Safari
A journey to Chiang Mai will take you into its fascinating world of breathtaking landscapes, temples, abundant wild life and other places of historical and cultural importance. It is indeed a place worth visiting many times in your lifetime.