Good support is key if you want to make drastic changes to your diet!
I am so grateful to have come across Rosemarie Sciara, and her amazing wealth of knowledge and services to support the transition to optimal health via diet...
When I was pregnant with my 3rd child I had a ton of "mystery symptoms" that I tried hard to recover from, but some of the symptoms require a longer journey and more drastic lifestyle changes in order to tackle.
I was so lucky to come across Rosemarie Sciara in a mom2mom business group on Facebook. All she did was put a heart on one of my contraversial posts, and this let me know she may be someone worth looking into further.
We chatted a bit online, and I shared with her that I am happy to see that the Canada Food Guide actually looks like a healthy balance now, but that it is hard for me (and many of my clients) to eat this way due to:
- the cost of healthy foods
- the challenge to get in the habit of eating vegetables before they go bad
- the fear of increasing pesticide and GMO intake if we increase our regular intake of fruits and vegetables
- lack of knowledge of where (and how) to purchase local, good quality produce, at a reasonable price, and
- how to prepare new foods and get into a new habit
The NEW Canada Food Guide
Rosemarie specializes in working with people who are looking to reverse or prevent autoimmune, chronic illness, and "mystery symptoms".
So, when we met to share more about our services, Rosemarie was quickly able to identify that the "mystery symptoms" I had been experiencing in my pregnancy may be due to my having a destructive virus or bacteria in my body. Because my body was currently focused on growing a baby, my immune system may not have been able to keep my symptoms at bay while pregnant. Rosemarie suggested that the foods I was eating may have been making things worse, by feeding these destructive viruses and bacteria. And, after I did the research she suggested, and experimented with cutting out a few foods, I think she is right!
As a mom who practices extended breastfeeding, I thought the possibility of me being able to detox my body would have to be delayed for another 4yrs! But thankfully Rosemarie is experienced enough to be able to guide me through a gentle detox, even while pregnant and nursing!
She is also very kind about the process and continues to remind me to:
- take it slowly
- integrate one step at a time
- "a diet change should not feel like a punishment, torture, or deprivation", instead I should try to re-frame this to: "I am finally giving my body good food, and the love it deserves!" Beautiful!
It has been a pleasure working with Rosemarie!
She has shown me:
- what books to read
- what podcasts to listen to
- what Instagram posts share great recipes
- what Facebook groups to join for more free information
- where to buy great produce at a good price
- how to substitute food items that I am not keen on with equivalent alternative options
- how to integrate new health habits with a more palatable transition step
- and much more!
If you are considering improving your diet, for yourself or your family, I highly recommend you reach out to Rosemarie at Nourished Wellness Coaching to see how she can support you. She is very generous in what she shares with others. You won't regret this life-changing transition.
Love and Bless, Strong Family!
Family Dynamics and Life Purpose Specialist
MSc Psychology/Neuroscience (Stress & Health)