Time to Straighten Up Canada and improve your Spinal Health!
How many hours a day do you spend sitting? Reading, using computers, driving, watching TV —all that sitting adds up, especially if you have poor posture.
Did you know that lower back pain and other musculoskeletal conditions account for one third of missed work in Canada?
Canada’s chiropractors have developed an app for that.
Straighten Up Canada is a FREE, easy-to-perform posture program that you can use in just three minutes a day. It’s the only free Canadian app specifically designed and completely dedicated to improving posture and spinal health. These videos may take a bit longer than three minutes, but with practice you will be able to do Straighten Up much faster. Improving your posture can be fun.
The Straighten Up Canada program can be practised almost anywhere and is a great warm up, cool down, stand-alone routine or ergonomic break.
There are a series of exercise videos HERE This is one of 12 types of the exercises
Straighten Up Canada
Good posture will help you to:
- Look and feel even better than you already do,
- Prevent back aches and muscle pains,
- Decrease wear and tear on your joints,
- Use less energy for daily tasks, and
- Increase your spine’s flexibility and resilience.
Straighten Up Canada app features:
- 12 unique posture exercises
- Adult and youth exercise options
- Easy to follow Image stills and video content
- Tracking function
- Set personal reminders
- Track your progress
- Share your posture exercise progress with friends through social media
- Learn about your back and common back-related problems
- Find a Chiropractor in your area quickly and easily
- Read the latest blog posts on musculoskeletal health
The development of this app has been supported by the CCA and all provincial associations.
Chiropractors are trained professionals governed by a formal association. When you take your first trip to the chiropractor, take the time to educate yourself of the practice. It is important you feel safe and educated on the benefits and risks before you obtain any treatment.
When you visit us in our clinic at Parkway Back and Foot Clinic, in Stoney Creek, we are happy to discuss with you what we do to the point you are making an educated decision.