Transportation and Logistics Apps Development – Benefits, Features, and Cost
With mobile apps touching diverse aspects of daily life, the logistic industry is no exception. The development of Transportation and Logistics apps has led to significant improvements and modifications in the industry’s management.
Worthy for both the end-users and the administrators, logistics apps are now an unbeatable tool for smooth management of the transportation industry. However, do you know what the core benefits of investing in logistics apps are? Essential features of transportation apps! What’s the overall cost of development?
If you are investing in transportation apps, you must have clear answers to such queries. Read this blog to clear all your doubts related to logistics app development. Let’s start with your first query.
Benefits/Reasons of investing in Transportation and Logistics Apps
As per web development stats, the supply chain software market is expected to cross a whopping $17,144.51 million mark in 2021. Investing in logistics app development plays a crucial factor in leveraging this outstanding growth.
Have a look at the following core benefits you enjoy when you have a travel and logistic app for your business management.
• Vehicle Location Monitoring: Thanks to advanced GPS monitoring, clients and administrators get instant and accurate information about a particular vehicle while on its way to deliver goods.
• Smooth Fleet Management: Creating an advanced logistic app allows the management to easily track the movement of vehicles with concerned drivers and timely servicing of trucks for enhanced performance.
• High business with online reach: Right from entering the type of goods, clients can conveniently schedule the date and time of pickup and track delivery. It provides the clients the power to book services from anywhere, anytime.
• Helps avoid formalities on papers: Having bills in the form of message records helps the users move around without carrying piles of papers.
• Drivers Management: The concerned drivers can conveniently create profiles updating personal and necessary details about themselves. It also helps to manage proper assigning and tracking of duties.
• Convenient Warehouse Management: Checking on inventory and proper storage location becomes a matter of clicks for the management committee when they access an advanced logistic app.
• 24/7 Accessibility: Be it a curious client trying to learn the driver’s location or an interested on-goer looking for logistics services, the app is available 24/7 with and without an internet connection.
• Quick & Effective Decision Making: Allowing the managing committee to gain real-time data, regarding the whereabouts of drivers, pending orders, etc., aids in making practical and logical decisions.
That was a quick glimpse of the core benefits of creating transportation and logistics apps. Reading them might have given you a distinct hint on the transportation and logistics apps’ core features. To understand the features in detail, you need to focus on the type of transportation app you are going for.
Here’s an infographic depicting 4 standard types of Logistics & Transportation Apps
Based on the type of application, the core and additional features vary; however, here’s a list of indicative features:
Features for Clients of the Logistics firm:
• Quick & Simple Registration: A simple sign-up process via social media or directly through the app with a concise form is ideal.
• Booking with filters: Multiple filters to allow users to book a vehicle based on its carriage capacity, availability, chargeable amount, etc., facilitates convenient booking.
• Cancellation: Clients must have access to easy cancellation, and the app must show a chargeable amount at the time of cancellation to ensure a practical decision.
• Tracking shipment: Having genuine updates about the vehicle’s movement offers a sense of control and enhances the app’s engaging nature.
• Multiple payment gateways: The presence of multiple popular payment gateways helps avoid clients’ loss during the conversion moments. The more the payment gateways, the better it is for the investing firm.
• Notifications: Updating users about the schedule of booking, delivery, etc., enhances the engaging nature of the transportation app.
• Feedback and Ratings: Allowing users to give feedback and rate the services helps build a bond with the firm and the logistic apps. Ratings also act as guidance for new clients of the firm.
Features for Drivers of the Logistic Firm
• Profile Creation: Easy creation of profiles on approval from the managing committee either via social media or thorough, dedicated form fill-up must be available for the drivers.
• Accepting/Denying request: The drivers may have access to approve the administrator or clients’ request based on the firm policies.
• Shipping Details: This portion of the app is to offer the exact shipping address to the drivers.
• GPS Integration: Integrating advanced global positioning system APIs allows the drivers to dodge real-time traffic and take the best route towards the destination.
• Uploading Bills: According to the company’s policies, the driver may upload bills during the journey.
• Chat options: Being able to communicate with the client or the admin during the delivery process to avoid any last-minute confusion.
• Payment Updates: The investing firm may request this feature over the app to notify drivers about the payment transferred to them.
Features for the Admin Panel:
• Dashboard: The dashboard offers the managing committee a clear view of the orders fulfilled, pending, client’s request, driver’s performance, etc. Additionally, the admin can also use the dashboard for generating and printing simple to advance reports.
• Accepting & Planning Orders: Giving formal approval to a client’s order and offering the proposed plan about the delivery process and the details of vehicle and driver get ensured under this section.
• Driver’s Management: It gives the status of different drivers engaged in deliveries to diverse routes. The mobile app development firm can integrate advanced features to offer clear updates about the driver’s team’s availability.
• Monitoring of Drivers: This feature allows the managing committee to learn about drivers’ live location while delivering orders or when returning.
• Fleet Management: Updating the admin about the fuel consumption, pending vehicle services, availability of trucks, etc., is an essential aspect of the logistic app.
• Approving Invoices: It allows the managing team to approve and disapprove of the clients’ invoices or of the drivers.
• Notifying Drivers & Clients: Offering notifications to the drivers about their next delivery and clients about the order’s schedule enhances the dependency upon the app for both the end-users.
That was a concise features list that rules the logistic app development process. A custom software development company can integrate loads of other or delete undesirable features over the app based on the business needs and aim. Having covered them, let us now focus on the cost of logistics apps.
Cost of creating a Logistic app
The overall cost of any mobile app development project depends mainly upon the following factors:
• Level of complexity: A logistic application lies in mid-level complexity as it incorporates multiple features to offer to the users. Combining numerous additional features leads to an increase in the cost of the app.
• Chosen Platform: Whether you are targeting Android users or iOS users also affects the app’s cost of development. Going for a cross-platform app helps you reach a larger audience at a reduced development cost. It may be surprising, but the famous taxi booking app of Uber got created using cross-platform technology.
• The nation of the development firm: If you go for a top app development company in Europe and America, you are bound to face hefty charges due to developers’ high living standards. In contrast, opting for developing nations like India, Pakistan, etc., helps you save costs.
• Hourly Charges: The hourly charges and the total number of hours necessary for complete app development play a critical role in the project development’s overall cost. Developed nations usually charge more than $100 per hour, while when you hire Indian developers, the charges may get as little as $25 per hour.
The logistics apps’ ultimate cost lies between $30.000 to $70,000 when the developer’s team is from countries of Bangladesh, India, etc.
Wrapping it Up
That was all about the benefits, features, and cost of logistics app development. Outsourcing your project to transportations app development company in India proves affordable and fruitful for the project.
Good luck with your programming project.