What is tally and how to learn it?
Find the top and best academy (Tax Acadmy)for E-Accounting, tally & GST training in Delhi and grow your career with High paying jobs with the Tally certificate
If you are a working person and use a computer in the office to manage the company’s data, then maybe you will be using Tally? What if you don’t know what Tally is?
So don’t worry because we will get detailed information about the Tally in today’s article. And you will understand how the importance of Tally has increased in the present time. The account (ledger) has a special significance in any business. But many years ago, many documents were collected in banks, private companies, government offices, etc., to record the records of business transactions, collection of money, expenditure incurred on goods and taxes, etc. More time was not only spent on managing and maintaining these records. Every year, many forests were cut for the letters used for these documents.
But today, the situation is different! In today’s era of computers, many tasks can be done quickly and fast. Tally is used for accounting in government offices, banks, and private companies. Due to the many features of Tally, today, Tally is used in various MNC companies around the world. Therefore, we need to have Tally information as well. Do you know what these Tally are?
What is Tally?
Tally is accounting software that is usually used in business to calculate the financial payments of the company. Tally can be used to manage the stock of goods in a company, expenses incurred on goods, and information related to the product can be protected under tally.
In simple terms, the primary function of Tally is to organize a company’s account. In which records of income and expenditure, cash-lending, the amount paid, and various bank accounts are available.
Tally Software to Tally Solution Pvt. Ltd. A multinational company has manufactured it. Headquartered in Bangalore and Tally has been the people’s first choice as well-known accounting software for many years. Due to which more than 10 million businesses have used Tally so far
Utility and features of Tally-software
• The old ledger system has been replaced by Tally software, and it has saved both time, money, and energy.
• Due to its user-friendly and simplest use, Tally is used in various financial locations such as banks, auditors, chartered accountants, and small-scale businesses.
• In the traditional account system, the record of the account was arranged with the help of a pen-pencil in a copy, diary, etc. We can also call it a “paper record.” But today, in this era of computers, with the help of Tally software, it has become easier to prepare an account (management task) with columns, graphs, and inbuilt calculators.
• Data arranged in Tally is easy to save for a long time. It was also easy to share that data with another person or company.
• This software has many features in place compared to the old accounting system, in which you can lock the file to keep data safe.
• Mathematical errors can be avoided by using Tally in accounting. Thereby, it helps manage the business where a lot of accounting and calculation is required.
History of Tally-software
Tally software was developed in 1981 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka.
One of the main objectives behind the preparation of this accounting software was that Shyam Sundar Goenka, at that time, was the owner of a company. The company used to supply raw materials and machine parts to plant and textile mills. During that time, Shyam Sunder Ji was looking for software that could complete the accounting work in his company.
He then shared the idea of software with his son Bharat Goenka. Bharat Goenka received his bachelor’s education in Mathematics. His father asked him to create software that could manage financial operations in his company.
Thus launched the first version of the accounting software; however, it served as an MS-DOS application. This version was named “Neutronics,” Only a limited number of features existed.
In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions. In 2006, the company launched Tally 8.1 and Tally 9 versions. In 2009, Tally Solution launched Tally ERP 9 as a business management solution.
In 2015, Tally Solution launched the tally ERP 9 5.0 version with taxation and compliance features. And recently, there was the launch of the company’s updated GST (Goods and Service Text) compliance software.
Key Features of Tally
• Tally is multi-user software, i.e. multiple users can work in one Tally software. So that the new user does not need a particular computer system.
• After learning the complete knowledge of the Tally software and the working, any person can apply for a job for accounting work in a company, i.e. students can also use tally software without a graduation degree.
• This field has helped make many types of freelancing jobs available to people. Finance managers, financial advisors, public accountants, etc. Nowadays, almost all companies need an accountant who can properly run the accounts.
•Tally is easy-to-use software. Tally software has been designed and developed to organize financial activities in daily life and business.
• Most companies use tally software to record money transactions, which shows that the demand for tally will continue to increase in the coming time.
Many of these types of essential accounting features are in tally software. And with each new version, the characteristics of Tally also keep upgrading.
If you want to take advantage of all these features in real life, you have to try the Tally software yourself, i.e. learn Tally.
How to learn Tally?
• Join the #1 Tally Course: To learn Tally, you can go to a good computer educational institution around you and get a complete overview of the working system of the new version of The Tally on a monthly fee basis. The advantage of these institutions is that you get computers and software to do practicals. You don’t have to buy Tally software to learn. You can join the Tally course after school/college and join the Tally accounting course. Your regular studies also go on, and you keep learning additional skills.
For commerce students, it is essential to learn Tallys because there is no problem in learning their base, i.e. accounting entries because they have already learned it in class. Students in other streams have a little difficulty learning the Tally. They get this problem because of not reading the account topic. But, the Tally teacher conducts special entry classes for such students. So you can learn Tally by being admitted to a computer institution around you to learn Tally
• Tally Education Certified Course: Arrangements have also been made to teach Tally by Tally solution. Suppose there is an institute certified by Tally-solution in the vicinity. In that case, you can learn Tally accounting by taking admission in the Tally course from here also. Tally Education conducts the Tally accounting course. A certificate is also issued on completion of the course, which you can use to take a Tally job and prove your Tally accounting to a prospective employer.
The benefits of learning Tally
Some of the benefits of learning Tally
• You get different career options
• GST containing Tally-learning is taught
• The Tally makers have developed this Tally-course
• Access to the Tally-job portal
• Certificate can be digitally verified
• Valid in the industry
The online evaluation feature gets