Do you struggle at times with finding the best possible SOLUTION to your PROBLEMS or CHALLENGES?
You are not alone.
Life is full of hurdles, unexpected events, and deadlines and you probably noticed that giving in to panic or overwhelm are not the best problem solving strategies.
Albert Einstein said:
If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.
I took Einstein's advice to heart. It helped me to figure out a way to build the foundation for a successful problem solving.
This foundation for PROBLEM SOLVING has grown out of the practice of self-awareness and awareness. And now I am sharing it with you.
- Identify if the problem is truly yours to solve.
- Stand back from the problem and chunk it down into manageable compartments. Label them if necessary.
- Experiment with drawing the elements of the problem to visualize deeper and see the BIGGER PICTURE.
- Most problems will require communicating with others. Ensure that what you say is true and kind.
- Begin to think with your whole body (not just the intellect). Accessing your whole intelligence is crucial.
- Write down your assumptions. Are they really true?
- Use unrelated objects as metaphors to find innovative and unique ways to approach your challenge.
- Examine your mindset: do you believe you can?
- Is the environment in which you problem solve supportive and make you feel safe? If not, change the environment.
Last but not least, TRUST YOURSELF.
Can you think of other ideas on how to improve our problem solving skills? I would love to hear from you.
Want to dive deeper into creating your own container for life's never ending challenges?
Every time you shut the door to your car and hear the light bang, remind yourself that you can face your challenges, and know that I am here to support you.
Call me and I’ll help you UNCOVER what’s holding you back.
I expect you will succeed.