TOP 10 BENEFITS OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESSES
According to a study, 85 percent of social media users think the platform helps them find new items.
How can we leverage social media sites for promoting business growth? This is the most commonly posed question by company owners who are still attempting to figure out how to get their business on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social channels in various forums and groups. It may appear daunting at first at a glance when we look at the number of social platforms there are. Blogs, wikis, forums, picture and video sharing sites, social bookmarking sites, social networks, and more!
In this modern tech-driven era that we live in, where business operations are being fueled by technology at every touch-point, harnessing social media for business is no longer optional. It's an essential way to reach your customers, gain valuable insights, and grow your brand.
What are the advantages of utilizing social media in the workplace? Consider the fact that there are currently over 4.5 billion active social media users worldwide. If you don't incorporate social media in your digital marketing strategy, you're losing out on a simple, inexpensive, and effective way of reaching almost half of the global total.
Now that we have established that social media platforms are indeed an amazing and affordable way to build up a brand and drive business success. Let us take a look at some notable benefits of social media for branding.
1. Boost brand recognition: Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are obvious places to contact new and highly targeted potential clients, with over half of the world's population using social media. Do you believe that on social media, individuals only connect with businesses they already know? According to a study, 85 percent of social media users think the platform helps them find new items.
2. Portray your company's image: One of the most important advantages of social media for business is the opportunity to make genuine human relationships (also known as Meaningful Relationship Moments). Showcase how your products have helped clients achieve their desired outcomes. Authenticity fosters confidence. In turn, trust increases marketing receptivity and leads to new business. And social media is the ideal place to be authentic! Demonstrate how you're living up to your brand principles, how your product functions in practise, and how you prioritize the needs of your staff and consumers.
3. Build brand reputation: While there has been a recent trend toward suspicion of government, NGOs, and the media, the 2021 Edelman Trust Barometer reported that business is a trusted organisation with a 61 percent trust rating. People rely to companies for knowledge and insights, and there's no better place to convey it than on social media. Regardless of your sector, social media may help you promote your brand as a thought leader—the go-to source for knowledge on issues relevant to your area. When it comes to establishing your thought leadership, LinkedIn—particularly the LinkedIn Publishing Platform—is a terrific place to start.
4. Maintain a high level of awareness: According to a Research Center research from 2021, 70% of social media users log into their accounts at least once each day, and many people (49%) admit to monitoring social media numerous times per day. Seven out of 10 Facebook users claim they use the site on a daily basis. Keep your social postings amusing and useful, and your fans will be happy to see fresh content in their feeds, keeping you top of mind so you're the first place they think of when they're ready to buy.
5. Boost website traffic: Posts and adverts on social media are effective strategies to generate visitors to your website. Sharing great content from your writeups or websites to your social networking sites is a great way to get new readers as soon as it's published. For example, Architectural Digest showcases exceptional stories in its Instagram new feed prior to directing its followers to the link to read the complete information. Participating in social conversations may also help you get awareness, attract new followers, demonstrate your knowledge, and generate traffic to your website.
6. Lead generation: Potential clients may express interest in your business and products through social media in a simple and low-commitment method. Many social networks provide advertising formats expressly tailored to capture leads because lead generation is such an essential advantage of social media for company. ABC Pvt Ltd. staff, for example, use Linkedin lead adverts to allow anybody curious in knowing further about specific bakery projects to do so with just a few clicks. The advertising generated 4.3 times more sales leads than the previous year at a cost that was two times less than more standard digital prospecting efforts featuring real estate ads.
7. Boost revenue: Your social media accounts are an important aspect of your sales funnel, which is the process of converting a new contact into a client. Social networks will become increasingly significant for product discovery and ecommerce as the number of individuals utilizing social media continues to rise and social sales technologies expand. In is now time to connect your social marketing activities towards fulfillment of your sales objectives.
8. Content promotion: Using social media to promote your content is a terrific method to get your clever, well-researched information in front of new people, demonstrating your knowledge and expanding your following. Make sure you have a content marketing strategy in place to get the most out of social media for company.
9. Fly viral: Your material is exposed to new audiences—their friends and followers—as people like, comment, and share your social postings. This notion is taken a step further when it becomes viral. Your material travels over the internet when individuals share it with their networks, and their networks share it with their networks, possibly resulting in hundreds or even millions of shares. This exposure is especially valuable because, in a world where there is far more material than any single individual can possibly read, a friend's social sharing functions as a type of pre-screening. Of course, becoming viral is difficult, but it would be nearly impossible without social media.