I’m only in my 20’s. Why am I finding gray hairs??
If you're seeing a few gray hairs before you even turn 30 don’t panic. It’s been a crazy year. We have you covered!
We understand the past several months have been somewhat chaotic and the stress is certainly enough to turn anyone’s hair a little silver. If you have found a few grey strands it is nothing to be afraid of. You can wear them proudly and embrace them rather than be in panic mode. Embrace them like a badge of honor for making it through in these ever-changing times.
Causes for hair turning gray early?
According to New York Dermatologist Dr. Eric Schweiger, your hair goes gray when your body stops producing melanin. The pigment cells in your hair follicles are called melanocytes. These melanocytes make melanin, the pigment that gives your hair its colour. The most common reason your body stops producing this pigmentation is age, but there are other factors to your hair going gray early.
Here are a few reasons for finding gray hair in your 20's.
- Genetics —if your parents went gray early, you may too. Your genes determine your how and when you begin to gray, and the shade of silver or white hair color you will have. Normally, men start seeing gray around 30 and women can notice a few strands of gray closer to 35.
- Vitamin deficiency — Not enough vitamin B-6, B-12, biotin, vitamin D, or vitamin E or deficiencies in minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, protein and zinc can contribute to graying hair earlier.
- Stress —Stress is a big factor as it depletes melanin in the body, and if you are in panic mode when you notice a few strands of grey, you might be making it worse! So breathe and relax.
- Medical — Some medical conditions, like thyroid, can increase a person’s risk for going gray early.
- Hair dyes and product with chemicals – These products may contain harmful ingredients like peroxide and bleach and may decrease melanin and turn your hair gray earlier.
If you’re getting more comfortable becoming a young silver fox, we have some tips for keeping your hair these tips healthy and glowing.
The Hair Stylist team at Waters Edge Salon loves using and recommending Davines Hair products. They are also available in our online shop.
Alchemic Shampoo Silver. You are embracing being a young silver fox and this shampoo will keep those locks fresh and bright.
Renewing Hair System offers a Gentle shampoo to help maintain the wellbeing of scalp and hair, promoting their longevity. Renewing Conditioner treatment stimulates scalp and hair, making the hair fiber healthy, firm, and shiny without weighing the hair down, and the Renewing Serum Superactive helps maintain the wellbeing of scalp and hair, promoting their longevity and natural beauty.
Time for the Perfect Cut and Style
Did you know that short gray hair is trending?
Whether you are seeing a few grey hairs or a bit more, let our expert stylists find the perfect cut and style to showcase your newness and embrace your gray hairs. If you are not quite ready to make that choice our Hair Stylists are specialized in the art of Anew Hair Colour by Davines. Our No Ammonia, No Odor, Paraben Free Permanent Hair Colour is 100% grey coverage guaranteed and offers optimum scalp comfort!
We are here to Help
Fill out the attached form and one of our specialists will contact you to BOOK your appointment. You can visit our website for more information.