Increase Your Home and Work Productivity
Productivity is more than using a calendar. Check out the video to see how you can start gaining focus. Using an Organization Board creates visibility.
Did you know that studies show ONLY 39% of our workday is on your core work! That’s a 61% of PRODUCTIVITY LOSS. Many things contribute to this; keeping the focus on real priorities, avoiding the noise is the secret.
Increase Your Home and Work Productivity, PlanPivot
So how do you avoid the ‘noise’?
Simple work changes can stop the pain of lost productivity by looking for a different way of organizing your work.
Calendars focus on schedule, not value
Your calendar is designed to organize the day. Perfect, but it doesn’t help you & your team prioritize and focus on valuable work.
Introducing Organization Board (Kaban)
PlanPivot Organization Board/Kanban Sample
Organization Boards or Kanban’s have been around in many forms. 1940s Toyota is credited with the unique Kanban concept. It has proven a reliable approach to solving a variety of business planning and focus from Restaurants to Medical Supply Chain and IT Projects. Every business can benefit from this way of organizing work.
Get the most of out of it
Here are Our brief tips for starting a Personal or Family Organization Board (Kaban)
- Keep it Visual – pick a location that is central to those that need to use it. Transparency goes a long way to ensuring everyone remains focused on the same goals.
- Keep it Flexible – start with simple supplies: whiteboard, painters tape and sticky notes. You want the flexibility to adapt when getting started.
Keep it Simple – Don’t overwhelm with too much rigour to start. Based on your needs, start small and grow into it using simple columns:
- Personal – To Do, Doing, Done. Ideal for personal daily use to stay on track
- Beginner – To Do, Doing, Target Date, Done. Great for small teams and low volumes of work
The next groupings are where outside support is essential to ensure the most success in using this new tool and skills.
- Intermediate – Backlog, Prioritize, In Progress, Target Date, Done, add in Issue tracking, supported by some guiding rules and standard process. It is harder than it sounds to stick within 15 minutes maximum in reviewing the board
- Advanced – Online solutions – Many tools can do this for you. Most companies already have the technology, but don’t know how to use them. While Teams are across many locations, it can be hard to grow into virtual Kanbans until the Team Members understand and have bought into the new way of organizing work through previous steps.
Don’t have time to get started?
You want this level of organization in your business, but don’t have time - Contact us. This is one of the many techniques we can use to support you in hitting your goals.
Contact us to book a confidential discovery session to keep you on track!
Ben Manion | Founder, PlanPivot | 905-966-6499