Fun Facts why we celebrate Mothers Day
Treat your mom to something extra this Mother’s Day for her personal self care that will be shipped right to her door!
Alumier’s NEW Limited-Edition Self-Care Kit.
It includes a moisturizer, Gel Cleanser and Boost Serum.
Set of Eye Rescue Pads and Vegan Cosmetic Bag.
$20 per kit sold will be donated to Food Banks Canada.
Call Nina L’Allure Skin Therapist/Laser Hair Removal Guru & Educator to order yours today
or fill out the attached form and Nina will contact you to arrange shipping.
Some Fun Facts why we celebrate Mothers Day?
• Mother's Day is often associated with Mothering Sunday, a Christian holiday. They are not related to each other.
• Mother's Day has also been linked to Cybele, a Greek tradition and Hilaria, a Roman festival. Again, they are not related to Mother's Day.
• The first Mother's Day was celebrated in 1908. Anna Jarvis honored her mother Ann Jarvis with a memorial. Ann Jarvis had started a committee in 1868 to establish ‘Mother's Friendship Day'. Her motivation had been to reunite families after the Civil War. She died in 1905, before Mother's Day became a holiday.
• In 1912, Anna Jarvis trademarked both ‘Mother's Day' and ‘the second Sunday in May'. She also created Mother's Day International Association.
• The most common flower for Mother's Day is the carnation; pink and red for mothers who are alive and white for those who have passed away.
Let’s Celebrate Mom with something Special
Mother's Day is celebrated in close to 50 countries in different parts of the world. Let’s make this Mothers Day a Special Celebration for your mum with the NEW Alumier Skin-Care Kit.