Why does my Alexa App say Echo is Offline but it is connected with Wi-Fi?
Amazon Alexa is a smart digital assistant device. Alexa echo has mostly used to control your voice commands, other smart devices.
Amazon Alexa is a smart digital assistant device. Alexa echo has mostly used to control your voice commands, other smart devices, make your home smart, listen to latest news updates, music, and more.
But sometimes Alexa app indicates that the echo dot is offline but it is connected with Wi-Fi. Most of the users have faced the same problem, It is common problem and is solved quickly and easily.
Why Echo Dot Offline?
When you connect Amazon echo dot to a Wi-Fi network, the device show “offline”. But the Wi-Fi network is working and the amazon echo dot is offline. To resolve the issue, you may restart the device and it can work properly but after some time the device again turns off. There are many different reasons Echo dot is offline but connected with Wi-Fi.
Causes of Why Echo Dot Offline
- Weak Wi-Fi Network
- Plug-Out from the power connection
- Old Alexa App
- Outdated software
- Uninstall Alexa App
Solutions to Fix Echo Dot Offline Issue:
- Check the Power Connection: Make sure the echo device is plugged in with a power cord. Verify the outlet has power and plugged in the echo device properly.
- Restart the Echo Device: When your Alexa echo shows that is offline. Then you can simply restart the echo device. Removing the power adapter for the Alexa from a power outlet, waiting for minutes, and then plugging it back.
- Move the Echo Dot Closer to the Router: Sometimes echo shows offline because of a weak connection between the echo and the router. Make sure the echo dot is closer to the modem or router.
- Check the Wi-Fi Network: Check the Wi-Fi connection first, if the Wi-Fi network is down, then the echo dot appears offline. Check the modem or router, if it has green lights the router is working fine. If the router has shown red lights, there’s a problem with the router. Then restart the modem or router and again retry to connect the echo device with Wi-Fi back.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the App: Outdated Alexa app is another reason for echo dot offline. Uninstall the Alexa app on your phone and then reinstall the Alexa app from the Google play store or App store.
- Update the Software: The outdated software version may cause the offline issue. Check the echo device software and update it if necessary.
- Reset Echo Factory Settings: If all above steps failed, then reset the echo factory settings.
- Contact Amazon Alexa technical experts: If the issue still persists again then you can contact amazon Alexa technical experts. The professional experts help you to resolve the echo dot offline issue. You can connect through Free Live Chat.
If you need any help downloading the echo dot app for android, window, and Mac. You can visit Nextgenhomesolutions for more support and assistance.