How to get rid of rats and mice?
Go to Professional removal of rats and mice, How to get rid of rats and mice? How to prevent rodents from becoming a pest in the home?
How to prevent rodents from becoming a pest in the home?
There is nothing more unpleasant than walking around our house and finding a small rodent running on the floor. Has it happened to you?
We hope this is not your case, and if it has been, you should continue reading to prevent rodents from becoming those beings you do not want to share your home with.
One of our biggest concerns is rodents in the house. For some people, the fear they feel when they see a rodent is very strong, therefore, preventing them from reaching our home and staying is possible.
It is enough to follow some preventive measures to prevent these animals from visiting our house.
Below, we show you a series of measures and signs that will show you how to act in the presence of mice or rats in the home, rat control & mice removal.
How to detect if you have mice in the house?
- One of the first signs that the inhabitants of a house detect is that there is a musky and spicy smell, this smell is very characteristic and is evident from the presence of rodents in the house. These rodents leave residues of feces and urine everywhere, so any place is susceptible to bad odors. Another point is that when a rodent is sick and about to die, it does so anywhere, so the smell of rodent carcass is unbearable and difficult to find to eliminate.Food is the first interest of rodents, they seek a home for warmth and food especially, especially in winter. Here it is very important that you check all the packaging periodically, as they can be attacked by rodents. They, with their powerful teeth, will be able to pierce any type of container. If you see any signs of perforation or manipulation of your food packaging, discard them immediately and consult a specialist to immediately begin the elimination of these rodents.
- Food is the first interest of rodents, they seek a home for warmth and food especially, especially in winter. Here it is very important that you check all the packaging periodically, as they can be attacked by rodents. They, with their powerful teeth, will be able to pierce any type of container. If you see any signs of perforation or manipulation of your food packaging, discard them immediately and consult a specialist to immediately begin the elimination of these rodents.
- Droppings is another sign that you may have rodents in your home, this is one of the most alarming danger signs, rodent droppings are carriers of diseases such as salmonella, antavirus, rat bite fever, among others.
- Grease stains are characteristic of the presence of rodents in your home, the rodents' fur expels a kind of grease that, with the rubbing of any surface, is noticeable, check if there are discolored areas or stains in your home of fat. In this way you will be able to identify if you have the presence of mice and how long ago
- Mice's teeth never stop growing, for this reason, they look for objects to gnaw on, for example, look for cables, wood, furniture and other objects that show signs of being eaten away.
The presence of rodents in your home is a sign that requires you to immediately call a specialist to eradicate them. The presence of mice is synonymous with disorder and disease. Mice are usually more active at night, however, if you see one during the day, it means that the nest is completely infested and you have a lot to solve.
How to get rid of mice from your home or business?
To keep mice away, you must follow a series of steps that will allow you to prevent these animals from infesting your home and possibly spreading diseases to members of your household:
- Do not leave food lying around without being saved or stored, whether it is perishable food or not, even if it is waste, food is the biggest attraction for mice. This is the main reason why mice look for a new den. It is difficult for rodents to roam around your house if they do not find food for them, so it is better to avoid leaving them on the table, in the kitchen and in the cupboard without being classified and properly stored.
- Sealing your garbage is another option so that there are no rodents in your house, they love to dig through the garbage and if they find food, it will be very easy for them to return.
- Do not leave food from your dog or cat lying around anywhere in your house, these food dishes are very attractive to rodents since they are always available when they want to visit you. The worst thing about it is that they can spread diseases to your pet.
- It drives away rodents with unpleasant odors for him. Many people have found that the smell of mint and ammonia is one of the most effective in keeping mice away, as they are repelled by these two aromas. What you should do is buy peppermint oil or buy ammonia, impregnate some cotton balls and distribute them throughout your house. You will see the difference.
- Finding the mouse's point of entry into your home will allow you to seal it off and make sure it doesn't get in anywhere else.
The most effective way to eliminate mice from your house is simply to prevent them from spreading in your home, this is the only way you can guarantee that you do not have any nests in your house
- The first and most effective option as we mentioned, avoid leaving food that can attract them, however, if you already have rodents in your house, it is better that you take even more care of food storage since rodents can infect them without you realize.
- If you already have rodents in your house, it is best to call a specialist, do not improvise and leave this responsibility in the hands of experts. These experts are responsible for making a diagnosis and identifying which are the places of entry to your home. In the same way they are responsible for eliminating them. These experts have enough experience to eliminate these rodents, they can handle droppings and waste without exposing themselves to any disease. That is why we advise you not to do it since the risk is very high. Leave this situation in the hands of specialists
- There are homemade traps that are sold in hardware stores to catch live mice, the old traps that caught and killed them are not recommended since you will have to collect the waste and possibly the trap is not accessible to you and you may have contamination by the rodent carcass.
Tips to eliminate and avoid having rats or mice
- Eliminate food scraps in your house, do not leave food without storing and above all, completely eliminate waste
- Do not leave the garbage bag open as mice and rats love to roam around
- Do not leave your pet's food in sight, rodents, seeing it always available in your pet's dish, will pass by, bite it and can spread a disease to your pet
- Try to use homemade traps to leave them alive and that you do not have dead rodent residue.
- Check each of the food packages, if you have any bite, immediately eliminate that container and call a specialist
- Check if there are grease stains, this is a sign that you can identify since the hair of rodents expels grease
- Always try to call a specialist, they are the experts in pest elimination, they know each of the parameters and protocols that must be followed. In the same way, they have personal protection elements that will prevent them from catching any disease that the rodent is a carrier of.
- If you decide to use poison, what we suggest is that you pay close attention to the specifications of the container, such as administration, dosage, frequency and contraindications. Make sure you don't leave the containers anywhere where your children or pets could consume it by mistake.
We hope that these suggestions will help you to eliminate this pest in your home. However, the best way is prevention, if you comply with the cleaning parameters, periodic inspection and do not leave food available anywhere in the house, you will be able to avoid the visit of rodents and be calmer that they do not have the risk of contagion of diseases such as those carried by rodents.
Professional rats removal and mice control
When they are not a sporadic mouse or rat, when there are many "rodents" or they come continuously or simply the normal poisons do not work, it is time to go to a professional rat control company, which will not only eliminate the current infestation of rats or mice from faster, if not it will prevent them from returning.