Mini Lemon Einkorn Festive Donuts
Here's a festive and fun recipe that's delicious, nutritious and simple to make which your kids will love!
• 1 cup yogurt
• 1 egg
• ½ cup coconut sugar
• 4 tbsp melted butter
• Zest of one lemon
• 6 drops of Young Living Lemon Plus Essential Oil
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1.5 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
FROSTING (If desired)
• 3 tbsp icing sugar
• 6 drops of Young Living Lemon+ Essential Oil
• 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• red and green food colouring made from beets and from spinach.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
3. Combine all dry ingredients and sift.
4. Slowly mix flour mixture into wet mixture, only to combine, do not over mix.
5. Put batter into a pastry piping bag and pipe mixture into greased mini donut pan up to about ¾ full.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out just to the point of dry.
7. Cool on a wire rack and frost if desired.
1. Add essential oil to icing sugar.
2. Slowly add lemon juice to icing sugar while stirring to create a slightly runny frosting.
3. Dip one side of donut into frosting to just lightly cover one side. Leave donut, frosting side up, to set frosting.
4. Decorate with red and green food colouring.