Cannabis BBQ Sauce: One To Buy and Three to Make Yourself
Get your grill and spatula ready to fire up some delicious dishes you can enjoy outdoors with friends and family!
From burgers to hot dogs to grilled veggies and beyond, there's something about barbequing that symbolizes summer. This season, try adding a little something extra to the traditional sauces that you like to lather on your meats and veggies — like cannabis.
Adding cannabis edibles to your grilled delights can provide both you and your guests with an enhanced dining experience. The secret is to add marijuana it to your sauce. Cannabis-infused BBQ sauce allows you to tamper with all sorts of different meals while delivering serious flavor.
The question is, how can you infuse your BBQ sauce with marijuana? Here are a few recipes to try out, as well as one ready-made sauce you can buy that already comes infused with cannabis.
Ganja Juice Cannabis-Infused BBQ Sauce
If you're looking for something that's ready to go without having to figure out recipes and ingredients, Ganja Juice BBQ sauce is available for purchase. Infused with THC, this sauce will entertain both your palate and your mind.
This sauce includes a unique blend of spices and seasonings along with cannabis-infused oil that provides the perfect dose of THC. Use it for meals at home or take it with you while on the go to enjoy THC with any meal no matter where you happen to be.
You can use it as-is or incorporate it into your own recipe to concoct something truly unique.
Cannabis-Infused BBQ Sauce Recipes
If you're the type to tinker with different recipes and create something homemade right from your kitchen, then try out any one of these cannabis-infused BBQ sauce recipes to season your next grilled meal.
Mary Jane’s Marijuana BBQ Sauce
Creating something in your own kitchen can be fun, but what you don't necessarily want is anything overly complicated. Luckily, this particular sauce recipe from Cannabis Cheri is both delicious and easy to make. Requiring only a handful of ingredients, you can whip it up in no time.
Blending both sweet and spicy flavors, this marijuana barbecue sauce will drive the flavor factor way up on just about any type of grilled food, including beef, pork, ribs, chicken, and even veggies and tofu.
This recipe includes 20 mg THC per 1/4 cup serving, though you may want to mess around with the dosing to suit your particular needs. Like any other marijuana recipe, the key is to start on the low end of the spectrum with your dosing and slowly work your way up to achieve the desired effect.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 24 oz ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup yellow or brown mustard
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add garlic, stir for another minute, then add the chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Allow to cool before using
Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce
Eat Your Cannabis' version of cannabis-infused BBQ sauce is a little more on the sweet side, given the main ingredients: honey and brown sugar. A classic type of BBQ sauce, honey-based sauces add just the right amount of sweetness to your meats, and this particular recipe takes things a step further by blending marijuana into the mix.
Any item you grill will match perfectly with this honey BBQ sauce. You may even want to use it as a sauce base for your sandwiches!
- 1/3 oz finely ground cannabis flower
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- In a crock pot, combine the vegetable oil, ground cannabis flower, green onion, lime juice and water, and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well, and cook on low for another hour, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge before serving.
Texas-Style BBQ Sauce
You won't get a more authentic BBQ sauce than a Texas-style version, and this recipe delivers in serious taste. And with a dab of cannabis included in the recipe, you can enjoy a nice buzz along with your dancing taste buds.
Try Bloom Farm’s cannabis-infused Texas-style BBQ recipe for your next barbeque’d meal.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the water, ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and molasses and heat until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Add the onion, garlic, and celery and continue to simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add all remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- Cool in the fridge.
There are so many creative ways to enjoy cannabis, especially when it comes to edibles. While you can still enjoy the traditional cannabis cookie or other baked goods, adding marijuana to other food products like BBQ sauces is a unique way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis while tempting your taste buds at the same time.
Take your backyard barbeques to new heights with any one of these delicious cannabis-infused BBQ sauces!