What is Unconscious Mind?

What is Unconscious Mind?

The unconscious can be perceived as a locked chest where the consciously forgotten and repressed traumas reside.

Famous Austrian psychologist, Sigmund Freud, created a concept of three minds: conscious, subconscious and unconscious. Today, we often address the subconscious and conscious as one entity. These two level of mind work together, creating our reality. The concept can be presented through a triangle. The tip of the triangle is our conscious mind (10%) and takes only a small portion of it. The rest of it is occupied by the unconscious (90%).

What Is the Unconscious?

The role of the conscious mind is to communicate with the inner self and the outside world through thought, writing, physical movement, pictures and speech. The unconscious is in contact with the conscious and is in charge of our recent memories.

The unconscious can be perceived as a locked chest where the consciously forgotten and repressed traumas reside. Our behavior, habits, and beliefs are formed from these memories. The unconscious mind uses this to make sense of all the impulses that we receive from the outside world. The unconscious cannot make a difference between present, past and future. For example, when you’re watching a movie, our conscious mind realizes that it’s only an actor that died. However, we still cry because the unconscious doesn’t understand that.

We Can’t Pull Out Memories from the Unconscious

We cannot do this at our choosing. For example, if we experienced a traumatic event in our childhood, it has been blocked. On the other hand, less serious memories, such as the meal you had with your wife on your first date, can also be buried in the same way. No matter how hard we try, we can’t remember these memories.

Inspired Outcomes, coaches, training institute

The Unconscious Mind

The Unconscious is Where the Habits Come From

Things that you habitually think, say or do today, began as a single though or action that you repeated so often that it went down to your Unconscious mind. Then, it became a habit. Changing those habits involves re-programming of your negative beliefs at the unconscious level.

Memories can sometimes be brought back through hypnosis or when triggered by a specific event (a familiar place or a scent, for example). If you want to achieve your goals by changing your habits and maintain your physical and mental health, you need to train your unconscious mind to work with your conscious.

Allen and Tara Kanerva founded Inspired Outcomes in 2015. Both Allen and Tara are Master Coaches, Practitioners in NLP, Time Line Therapy and Hypnotherapy.

Phone 226 979 8772

Inspired Outcomes Training Institute