Tour of Croatia Riding Holiday
If you are an avid bicycle rider, enjoy the company of fellow cyclists, enjoy good food and wine - please join us!
Set the Date: September 29 – October 10
Team Hamilton Croatia Cycling Club is planning a first class riding and cuisine holiday in Croatia! The itinerary will be a 10 days/11 night tour of the top riding, culinary and cultural highlights of Croatia. This is a couples holiday – not just for riders. Spouses can participate in organized events or pursue independent activities. All accommodations are first class as are the main aspects of the trip:
The riding experience will be first class:
- Bike rental of current model Trek or Cannondale bikes fitted to you
- Full rider logistics: bike transport, mechanic, support vehicle
- Istria Granfondo weekend Oct. 6-8 – 80km or 120km rides
- Day rides of 60-80km combined scenic and challenging routes
The culinary experience will be first class:
- Hotel breakfast each day is included – reserved seating area
- Lunch during riding days at scenic/historic locations (supplemental fee)
- Dinner at notable award winning restaurants (supplemental fee)
- Wine tastings and tours of Croatia’s most notable wineries (supplemental fee)
The organized (non-riding) events will be first class:
- We know riders need rest so there are plenty of opportunities for relaxation – beach-side, pool-side or about town.
- Tours of the town and local points of cultural, historic or scenic interest
- Things to do for spouses, for those not riding or during off-days
We have enlisted Spring Travel to make this trip a success. Anna Stajrer was present during the 2016 Istria Granfondo and became familiar with the event and required logistics. We are still finalizing details and total costs – which we expect to come in at $3000 per rider and $2500 per accompanying person – not including airfare or supplemental meal and drink costs. Tour participants can shorten or lengthen the tour as their schedules permit.
We are looking for at least 20 persons to make this trip happen. If you are interested in attending, please contact Brian Kelemen.