Many Ways to Celebrate Grandparents’ Day
Learn about the many fun things you can do to celebrate Grandparents’ Day.
We all know about Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, but did you know that September 11th is Grandparents’ Day? This holiday is a time to celebrate our grandparents who have a special place in our lives.
You will hear more and more about this Grandparent’s Day, as our “grandparent generation”, also known as the babyboomers, continues to grow in population. Be one of the first to honour your grandparents this September 11th, and make sure they know how dear you are to them and your family.
Here are just a few things you could do together:
- Simply spend time together. Taking time out of busy schedules already shows those around you how important they are in their lives.
- Watch a movie: There is nothing like watching a “feel-good” movie, or even going for a live theatre show, that gives the message that you are trying to relay to your grandparents.
- Share a meal together: Enjoying a leisurely meal together, while sharing about what is going on in your lives always strengthens bonds.
- Ask your grandparent to teach you their favourite hobby and spend the day learning from them.
- If you’re celebrating your kids’ grandparents, consider making something sentimental with them. A story about why they love their grandparents, for example.
- Take them to visit a memorable place, like an art gallery or the house where they grew up.
- Take them on a bus tour of a city near you..
- Get them a nice gift to show your appreciation.
- Grandparents, you can take the initiative as well. It’s your day, so do something fulfilling with your grandkids. You can even turn it into an annual tradition. All the above options are open to you and here are some others:
- Take them somewhere fun like a museum, a ball game, the zoo or the movies.
- Learn something new or take up a new hobby alongside them. Fishing, boat building, hiking, whatever works for both of you.
- Enrich their minds and your own. Read to them, draw or paint with them, explore nature with them.
No matter what fun places Grandparents’ Day takes you to, don’t forget a nice bouquet of beautiful flowers from your local flower shop. Flowers are perfect for expressing the mood of any occasion. Maybe your grandparent’s favourite kind of flower or forget-me-nots, the signature flower of Grandparents’ Day, or both. Brant Florist has a wide variety of floral arrangements available for any occasion. You can even order your flowers online and have them delivered on the same day.