Vitamin C Supplements – Why Should You Consume?
One of the most essential vitamins that our body needs is Vitamin C.
Your body cannot produce this vitamin and thus, you need to consume it in some way. Especially during these hard times with the Coronavirus pandemic, Vitamin C supplements are essential as they serve as an immunity booster.
What Is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for the body. It is water-soluble and is found in a number of fruits and vegetables – lemon, oranges, kiwi, broccoli, spinach, etc.
The recommended intake for Vitamin C for men is 90 milligrams and that for women is 75 milligrams. Like all other vitamins, in most of our sedentary lifestyles, having a balanced diet is difficult and this is why we need supplements.
Here are some reasons why you should consume Vitamin C Supplements!
Benefits Of Vitamin C
1. Reduces Risk Of Chronic Diseases: Vitamin C is essential for having an active and strong immune system. Thus, it helps in fighting chronic and seasonal allergies. Vitamin C is shown to increase your blood antioxidant levels by over 25 percent. This helps your body fight inflammations.
2. Helps In Managing High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is something that makes you susceptible to heart diseases and vitamin C helps in lowering blood pressure. It helps relax the blood vessels which carry blood from the heart.
3. Reduces Risk Of Heart Disease: Vitamin C is an important element in your diet that helps you reduce your blood cholesterol levels and saves your heart from getting clotted or from any kind of blockages.
4. Reduces Blood Uric Acid Levels: It also helps in reducing uric acid. Uric acid is a waste product of the body and it causes extremely painful inflammation in the joints, especially in the knees. Uric acid pains are sometimes unbearable. It also lowers the risk of go out.
5. Prevents Iron Deficiency: Vitamin C supplements are shown to increase the absorption of iron from your diet. It can increase the absorption of iron up to 67 percent. Consider having vitamin C supplements if you have low iron levels along with a balanced diet.
6. Immunity Booster: Vitamin C works as an immunity booster, it helps in the production of white blood cells and these are the cells present in your blood that help in fighting infections.
7. Protects and Increases Memory Efficiency: Vitamin C helps in better performance of the brain and it helps in preventing some serious memory diseases in old age like Dementia.