Top 6 Foods to Eat After Surgery
Almost every human being has to go through surgery at least once in their lifetime.
. It takes a while for the body and brain to overcome the trauma the surgery is, be it small or big. The most important thing a body needs after surgery is nutrients. For the right amount and kind of nutrients, a balanced diet is paramount. So read on this article to find out the powerful food items that should be consumed and in what amount so that recovery from a surgery can be fast and smooth.
1. Berries- Berries are abundant in vitamin C and antioxidants and both of these components help a body to heal. Vitamin C helps to rebuild tissue and collagen. Antioxidants provide a lot of nutrition to the body helping it to repair the damage. So get out and grab some strawberries, pomegranates, grapes, goji berries, blackberries, or blueberries.
2. Fresh vegetables- They are a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. Carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, and any other vegetable that you can get hold of will be beneficial to you in helping a body to heal. Vegetables also have a rich content of fiber that helps to clear out the bowel system.
3. Nuts and oil- Nuts and oil are a source of essential fat that is needed for a body to boost up its immunity. All the minerals and vitamins are no good if the body lacks essential fat. So don't forget to include olive oil, avocado, walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, into your diet. Vitamin E which is found in nuts helps to get rid of scars faster.
4. Leafy greens- Leafy vegetables like lettuce, spinach, kale, bok choy, to name a few are the major container of multivitamins. It has vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K in it. Make a tasty smoothie or a simple salad or you can even saute them to incorporate these into your diet.
5. Eggs- Eggs are the most versatile ingredients which can be obtained very easily and can be eaten in any way. Eggs bring along food values like protein, calcium, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, and iron.
6. Probiotics- These foods help to get you normalized after surgery. These foods lessen the chance of infection and fight germs. Probiotics are actually good bacteria that help in the digestion of your food. For example, yogurt or kefir.