Natural Remedies To Treat Insomnia
Sleep is one of the best things that your body can experience. After a long and tiring day of work, most people wait to go home and hit the sack.
But id you know, a lot of people face trouble sleeping. Insomnia or a short sleep disorder is one of the most common problems that adults face on a daily basis. It is difficult for most people to fall asleep easily until it is time to wake up. Understand all home remedies that can help in treating insomnia.
The amount of sleep needed varies from one person to another but most adults need a minimum of 6 hours of quality undisturbed sleep every night.
There are several lifestyle changes that you can do in order to get rid of insomnia and have a quality sleep schedule every night. Let’s hop into them!
1. Meditation – Mindful mediation is one of those things that have numerous benefits. Starting from better concentration to improved mental health. Mindful meditation helps in calming your brain and signals it to destress the mind. You can meditate whenever it is convenient for you. 15 minutes of mindful meditation every single day can definitely help in treating insomnia and other sleep related disorders.
2. Mantra Chanting – Just like meditation, repeating a mantra, also a form of meditation helps your body and mind to calm down and help in focusing your energies to help you fall in sleep faster. Mantra chanting is an old Indian technique that involves repeating a phrase for a long time. You need not chant Hindu or Sanskrit mantras only. You can use any English phrase or a poem that might work great for you.
3. Yoga – Yoga helps in alleviating stress which is one of the most important factors that determine the quality of your sleep. Choose a style of meditation or breathing technique and couple it with yoga to stay focused and relax your mind. Do not force poses that you are not comfortable with. The key and goal her is to reduce stress and maintain calm.
4. Exercise – if you have way too much energy and are not getting your body to feel tired, how do you think you will fall sleep at all? You need to be tired and exhausted in order to fall asleep. Sleep is the time your body utilises all its resources to refill itself. It is like charging your battery.
5. Massage – Getting yourself a good and long massage can help reduce stress levels and help you relax. Babies like massages and often you will see them fall asleep after having a good massage. Adults are no different. Also, feel free to talk to your doctor if you have medical conditions that might not allow you to have a massage regularly. Most massages are generally considered safe.
Coupled with the above remedies, try and reduce your gadget usage before you go to sleep. The blue light causes your brain to think that it is still day and time to work. Happy slumber!