Natural Remedies To Treat Cough
Out of the most irritating things that humans need to face, one of the most annoying of them is having a cough.
Sore throat, discomfort, and feeling gross pretty much for a week is definitely something most of us do not like going through. The worst part is that there are no instant relievers either. A cough although pretty common can also be quite serious if not taken care of at the right time. Know the natural cough remedies
Here are some of the ways to soothe and treat a nasty cough that might be stopping you from living freely to the fullest!
1. Honey – This is a foolproof way to get instant and long term relief from a cough Having it with warm water, lemon or herbal tea can just be enough to soothe a cough and even stopping a cough from developing. Honey when mixed with lemon and warm water helps soothe congestion.
2. Peppermint – The benefits of peppermint are many as it a fantastic healing agent. It acts as a great decongestant. You can either inhale peppermint or make a steam bath using hot water.
3. Probiotics – One of the best ways to prevent not only cough but many other diseases is to include probiotics in your diet regularly. Studies have shown that probiotics are helpful in balancing your gastrointestinal flora which is a bacteria that live in your intestines. One of the ways to get probiotics is to have fermented foods like miso, yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, kimchi, tempeh, etc.
4. Bromelain – This is an enzyme found only in the stems and fruit of pineapples. This helps in suppressing cough and also loosen out the mucus that is stuffed in your throat. Just include pineapples in your diet regularly or have pineapple juice every two days. That will keep things far away from being congested.
5. Thyme – Being very helpful in bronchitis, thyme is helpful when mixed with ivy to cure a lot of respiratory diseases. Make yourself a thyme tea by using 2 teaspoons of crushed leaves of thyme and about 200 ml of boiling water.
6. Gargle – gargling with salt and warm water is also one of the oldest and common ways to soothe a cough. You could also introduce a little iodine solution to keep out the infections from your throat.
Ways To Prevent A Cough
Avoid coming in close proximity with a sick person. If you spot something coughing or sneezing, do maintain an arm’s length.
1. Cover your mouth and nose whenever someone coughs or sneezes
2. Keep yourself hydrated and also indulge in drinking plenty of fluids
3. Clear out your throat the moment you feel congested
4. Clean and sanitize the common areas of your house.
5. Clean your gadgets and your everyday carry essentials.
6. Wash your hands every time you touch your face or eat something in a public place.
These were some of the ways to avoid a cough or soothe one. If it gets serious, contact your doctor before it turns unbearable.