5 Natural Ways To Increase Hemoglobin
Hemoglobin is one of the most important parts of your body. It is a protein that is found in your blood, specifically in the red blood corpuscles.
These protein cells do the job of transporting oxygen all over your body.
What happens if you have low hemoglobin?
When your body does not have enough hemoglobin, it cannot function at its best. People with low hemoglobin have an iron deficiency in the body and this may cause fatigue and problems in breathing. Most people with low hemoglobin suffer from Iron Deficiency Anaemia.
What causes low hemoglobin?
Unhealthy habits and not having a balanced diet regularly causes low hemoglobin. Also, several respiratory diseases can also cause low hemoglobin.
Natural Ways To Pump Up Your Haemoglobin Levels
1. Eat foods rich in iron – Iron helps your body to form red blood cells. Thus, iron is a booster when it comes to hemoglobin production and you should have foods that are rich in iron – meat, fish, eggs, tofu, soybeans, broccoli, leafy vegetables, peanuts, dry fruits, etc.
2. Increase Vitamin C intake – Vitamin C helps the body to absorb iron better. Thus, citrus fruits like lemon, strawberries, etc. can help increase your iron absorption. Just having iron in your diet will not help. You need to help your body consume that iron.
3. Consume Iron Supplements – Iron supplements may aid the deficit of iron that your body has. If you can’t focus on having particular foods that boost iron, you can switch to having iron capsules. Be careful and consult your doctor before you fix the dosage as too much iron can cause diseases like constipation and also affect your liver.
4. Include Folate In Your Diet – Folate, a kind of Vitamin B is an important vitamin that plays a role in your hemoglobin production. Folate is responsible for producing a component of hemoglobin called heme, which helps transport oxygen. You can get your dosage of folate from beef, peanuts, rice, spinach, kidney, avocadoes, and lettuce.
5. Increase Vitamin A intake - Vitamin A also helps with the absorption of iron in the body. Foods like fish, liver, kale, collards, sweet potatoes, etc. contain Vitamin A. It has beta-carotene which helps with the same. Foods that are high in beta-carotene include colored fruits and vegetables, especially yellow, orange, and red ones – carrots, squash, mangoes, cantaloupes, and sweet potatoes.