what size gauge is a helix piercing
There are recommended sizes for helixes, but you should measure your own ear because everyone is different. Follow these instructions to find the right size for
What size do I need?
A helix piercing can be done in 16 gauge. However, some people prefer to use 18 gauge. Your anatomy and personal preference will determine the hoop size you require. A smaller diameter hoop is best for you if your piercing is closer than the edge of your ears.
Your skin thickness and the location of your piercing will determine how long you need. The recommended lengths for bars are 6mm and 8mm. We recommend a length of 6mm for a snug and short fit. An 8mm length may be more suitable for you if your cartilage is thicker or you prefer to have a little bit of space on either side.
For piercings near the edge of the ear, use an inner diameter for hoops
5mm - 7mm
For a looser fit, the inner diameter of hoops is important.
8mm - 10mm
Bar length for barbel/labret
6mm - 8mm
Measure your Ear to Get a Perfect Fit
There are recommended sizes for helixes, but you should measure your own ear because everyone is different. Follow these instructions to find the right size for you.
1. Measure the distance between the hole and the edge of your ear with a ruler.
2. For a tight fit, add 1 mm and 2 mm respectively.
1. A small piece of paper can be cut and positioned at the bottom of the hole. Then, use a fine-tipped marker to mark the area where your nose meets the paper.
2. To find the smallest possible inner diameter, measure the marked area against a ruler marked in millimeters.
3. For a tight fit, add 1 mm and 2 mm respectively.