6 Ways UX Will Shape SEO in 2021 and BeyondEnter content title here...
UX Is Set to Reshape the SEO Industry in 2021. Here Is What You Need to Be Looking at to Get the Most Out of Your Search Rankings in 2021.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning as it is sometimes known is set to reshape the future of technology, communications, and online marketing in 2021 and beyond.
But you knew that already, right?
It should come be no surprise to learn that there will be widespread disruption to a number of established and emerging online industries including Paid Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, and Communications.
One area that we expect to see dramatic change over the next five years is the field of search engine optimisation. Though Google is synonymous with change through constant algorithm updates, we expect to see this ramp up over the next few years as new technology and user behaviour trends shape the industry. Marketers will be forced to adapt and relearn established skills to fulfil new and emerging behaviour trends.
In its most basic form, the field of search engine optimisation has not changed that much over the last decade. The four pillars of SEO that Google advises for successful search engine presence includes the following four aspects:
1. Quality On-Site Content
2. Off-Site SEO Factors
3. Technical SEO Considerations
4. Content Marketing
Yes, algorithms have updated and the quality of search results have improved, however, Google’s advice for search engine presence has remained stable with the four pillars of effective SEO remaining largely unchanged.
As we step into 2021, Google is preparing to roll out the ‘Page Experience Update’ in May 2021 which is set to have widespread effects on the SEO industry. With the assistance of Safari SEO Adelaide, we have put together a list of some of the factors that we expect to shape the way that SEO functions in 2021 and beyond:
1. User Experience (UX) metrics will come to the forefront as Google aims to eradicate low-quality, manipulative sites in the search results. Google will reward sites with positive on-site metrics with improved search engine rankings.
2. Big Data will continue to play an important role in the way that Google sorts and ranks content in the search results
3. Mobile device usage will increase, and, as such, so will the rankings of websites that prioritise a positive mobile user experience.
4. Voice search will grow – an interesting aspect of SEO will be the increased adoption of voice search from home entertainment units and mobile devices
5. Video will play an increased role in the way pages are sorted are ranked – this feeds into the UX metrics listed above
6. VR will change SEO – Yes, that’s right. Virtual Reality will play an important role in SEO – especially e-Commerce SEO.
The future is now. The May 2021 Google Page Experience update will be the biggest core update that we have seen for many years. Google have been warning and preparing SEOs and Webmasters for this change for more almost a year. If you have not taken action to prepare for the page experience update yet – now is the time.