Ready-to-move-in or an under-construction flat in Kochi?
A quick guide to choosing between a ready-to-move-in and under-construction apartment.
A question that haunts every property buyer! As both these property types suit different purposes and intents, the choice will depend on various factors like, what the buyer is looking for and his immediate needs & requirements. Many builders in Kochi have come out with under construction and ready to move flats in Kochi. The property can be bought as an investment or end use. It is highly essential to know the pros and cons in details. Check out this ready guide from Dreamflower housing Projects, eminent builders in Kochi before you make your final decision.
Investing in under-construction flats in Kochi is an easier way to realize your dream of owning a home. But delayed possession is one of the most common risks associated with it. When you are buying an under-construction property by selling off an already existing asset, the construction of the property should complete within three years from the sale of the property. If the developer delays the possession, you will end up paying a huge amount as 'capital gains tax'.
- The price range of the under construction flats in Kochi is more suitable to your pocket than a ready home. The location, area, property type and builder may be the same, but the difference in pricing can vary from anywhere between 10 - 30 percent.
- A higher return on investment due to an extended window period between the buying stage and delivery timeline. If you were to sell the property closer to possession, you stand a good chance of earning a healthy appreciation of your capital investment.
- Any property with Occupation Certificate as on 1 May, 2017, should be compulsorily registered under RERA of their State. Hence these properties will become liable to comply with fair trade practices.
- The recently implemented Goods and Services Tax (GST) levies a five percent tax on purchase of under-construction properties like flats in Kochi.
- Delayed possession as the builder may take a long time to deliver the property. The buyer may already have started paying for his home loan.
There have been perpetual delays in project deliveries in the last few years & home buyers have increasingly started preferring ready to move flats in Kochi from reputed builders in Kochi like Dreamflower housing Projects.
- No waiting period. Just make the payment, go through all the documentation work and move in. Hence no double burden of paying your rent and the EMIs in case you are getting a loan.
- Free from GST Implication
- Before buying, you can inspect flats in Kochi & ensure, there isn’t any discrepancies with the promised layout, features, amenities etc.
- You can get feedback about the area, maintenance, locality, shopping and utility centres from people already living in the flats.
- You can lease it out and make some rental income to pay your EMIs, or enhance your returns.
- Costs more than an under-construction property..
Now that you know the pros and cons of choosing a ready-to-move-in or an under-construction flat in Kochi, you can choose wisely. Get in touch with us at Dreamflower housing Projects to book apartments in Kochi!