Department of Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics is a vast speciality which focusses on diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and maintenance of oral function with dental prosthesis.
Start typing here! You can add more paragraphs, images, videos, and more by clicking the icons in the toolbar!
Prosthodontics is a vast speciality which focusses on diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and maintenance of oral function with dental prosthesis. In today’s world, this speciality is widely recognized as it involves oral surgical procedures to implant the prosthesis. The implantation requires surgical skills and knowledge. Our Department of Prosthodontics offers MDS in Prosthodontics in Delhi NCR which is a comprehensive postgraduate program to excel in the domain. We are one of the Best MDS Prosthodontics college in Delhi NCR and provide a fruitful environment for our students to develop and excel in prosthodontics. We achieve this by offering state-of-the-art technology, highly experienced teaching staff, and excellent infrastructure for overall development of students.
INSIGHT INTO THE DEPARTMENT
1. Excellent exposure of clinical material with focus on special cases. Very well placed Alumni
2. Best platform to achieve national and international recognition. Focus on Research with abundant publications.
3. Emphasis on student and faculty- scientiﬁc enrichment, extension and progression.
4. Recognition by UNESCO chair in Bioethics HAIFA as National Dental Bioethics Unit at Santosh Dental College and Hospital, Santosh Deemed to be University
5. Cohesive and Progressive Department
3. Integrated PhD
4. Dental Mechanics course
5. Fellowship in Implantology
6. Value added courses -Porecelain veneers
1. World class Infrastructure
2. Regular CDE’s and workshops
3. Research and Innovation,
4. Excellent exposure to a variety of clinical cases.
5. High standard of dental care.
6. State of the art fully equipped Implant OT with 5 different implant systems.
7. Maxillofacial clinic in conjunction with Santosh Medical college and Hospital.
1. Complete Dentures
2. Implant Prosthodontics
3. Removable Partial Dentures
4. Maxillofacial Prosthesis
5. Fixed Partial Dentures
6. Individual chambers for post graduate
7. A fully equipped Department Library with all the latest books and journals.
1. Best Scientific Poster award at 24 IPS PG convention 2022 Topic – The tip of research pyramid; A Systematic Review.
2. PGs apply for extramural grants every year.
1. Dr. Abu Nazar is running his own CAD CAM Lab in Delhi “Dentworld”.
2. Dr. Ritu Sharma has joined as Reader at
It's Dental College
1. Dr Shria Dhaon is studied at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.
2. Dr. Deepti Raghav is Professor in Bankey Bihari Dental college.
3. Dr. Bhaskar Aggarwal is Working in KGMC, Lucknow.
3. Poster presentations Topic Assignments Projects
PRACTICAL TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
1. Demonstrations on Study Models and Patients
2. Patient exercises (Removable Prosthodontics - Complete dentures & Partial Dentures)
3. Case presentations Aassignments Projects
5. Journal clubs
6. Assessment of teaching skills.
7. Clinical Exposure to a variety of cases including IMPLANTOLOGY AND MAXILLOFACIAL
CLINICAL TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
1. Excellent clinical exposure
2. Case presentations
3. Case discussions including progress and modiﬁcations. Clinical demonstration
RESEARCH TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
2. Library dissertations Intra-mural projects
3. Good research lab environment
4. Extramural Projects
TYPES OF TREATMENTS OFFERED TO PATIENTS AND LEARNT BY POST GRADUATES
1. Complete Dentures.
2. Removable Partials Denture.
3. Flexible Dentures.
4. Fixed Partial Dentures.
5. Cast Partial Dentures.
6. Precision Attachments.
7. Aesthetic correction and Smile Design.
8. Laminates and veneers
9. Maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
10. Extraction socket regenerations
11. Implant Dentistry.
12. Full mouth Rehabilitations.
13. Full mouth Implants.
14. All on 4 prosthesis
Recognition and achievements of faculty
Dr. Akshay Bhargava
Prof. Dr. Akshay Bhargava graduated from Bapuji Dental College, Davangere in 1992 and completed his Master’s Degree (MDS) in Prosthodontics including Crown and Bridge and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics in 1995 from the institution.
He’s the DEAN from Santosh Dental College & Hospital Ghaziabad, UP & has been a Post-Graduate teacher with 25 years of Academic & Clinical experience.
He was appointed (1997) as a Scientist for Development od Indigenous Dental Implants in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Govt. of India.
He is the President of The Indian Prosthodontic Society.
Ass. Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry 2012.
Diplomate International College of Implantology.
Fellow International College of Implantology FICOI, USA 2011
Fellow International College of Dentists- 2011 FICD, USA 2007
He has guided more than 60-70 RESEARCH STUDIES including PROJECTS from Indian Council of Medical Research related to Zirconia, Implants, Dental Materials, Biomechanical and Structural Analysis etc.
He is one of the pioneers to set up digital & 3 D printing in the country, he runs his practice in Delhi.
Dr. Puja Malhotra
Prof. Dr. Puja Malhotra graduated from College of Dental Surgery, Manipal in 1999 and completed her postgraduation (MDS) in Prosthodontics including Crown and Bridge and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics in 2004 from Vishwanath Katti Institute of Dental Science, Belagavi, Karnataka.
She has been a Post-Graduate teacher with more than 17 years of Academic & Clinical experience.
Successfully completed an Extramural Project(from SERB) .
Former President Indian Prosthodontic society Haryana State branch.
A number of publications in national and International journals.
Peer review Board Member of Indian Journal of Dental Research and Journal Of Indian Prosthodontic society.
Appointed as External Examiner And Paper Setter (P.G & U.G
Exams) In Various National Universities.
Member of Board of Academic Council In Santosh University.
She has guided more than 30-40 RESEARCH STUDIES including PROJECTS from Indian Council of Medical Research, SERB related to Zirconia, Implants, etc.
Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta
Prof. Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta graduated from Santosh Dental College, Ghaziabad in 2004 and completed his postgraduation (MDS) in Prosthodontics including Crown and Bridge and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics in 2009 from Sri Rama Chandra Dental College, Chennai.
Completed senior residency from Maulana Azad Institute Of Dental Sciences, Worked as ASSitant Professor In Safdarjung Hosp , New Delhi.
Former Head Of Dept , IDST, Ghaziabad.
Served as Head IDST implant centre
Represented ITI conference in 2010 held at Geneva, Switzerland.
Received 5 best paper awards.
A number of publications in national and International journals.
Appointed as External Examiner And Paper Setter (P.G & U.G Exams) In Various National Universities.
Prosthodontics requires skills and training which is imparted excellently at Santosh Deemed to be University - Best medical & dental college in Delhi NCR. Our department ensures to create a seasoned prosthodontist with hands-on training from a brilliant team. Our advanced facilities and infrastructure add up to the learning process to develop you into an excellent prosthodontist. Join us today and begin your journey with the leaders in dentistry.