Galvanic Measurement in Chlorine Sensors
Chlorine sensors are an essential part of many industries that involve processed water. Chlorine has many practical uses in modern society, but it can also be harmful if left unchecked. For this reason, it’s important to monitor the exact level of chlorine closely. Galvanic measurement systems can be extremely beneficial to chlorine sensors. If your business uses chlorine analyzers, you need to consider using galvanic measurements. Read on to discover why.
What Do Galvanic Cells Do When They Come In Contact With Chlorine?
Galvanic chlorine analyzers use electrodes in contact with the proper electrolyte to produce galvanic current directly proportional to the chlorine concentration present. This allows the galvanic cells to measure the amount of chlorine directly. There is no zero current as galvanic current is naturally zero; if there’s no chlorine present, there is no current present.
What Are the Advantages of Galvanic Chlorine Measuring Equipment?
There are seven primary advantages of using the galvanic method for measuring chlorine:
1. It measures the chlorine directly, offering the most accurate and simple readout.
2. Continuous measurement guarantees up-to-date information.
3. Time and cost-efficient; reagents or buffers are not required for proper function.
4. There are no mechanical parts required, resulting in additional savings on maintenance and repair.
5. Both pH and temperature are compensated, so you don’t need to worry about that on your own.
6. Provides a true zero chlorine reading, so there’s no chance of misreadings.
7. Effortless to set up and calibrate.
8. Dedicated relayed control for chlorine gives you more control over the process.
Which online chlorine analyzer offers all of these benefits?
Two of the top products in this category are the 876-25 and the 875-25. Both of them offer a reagent-free process so that you don’t have to worry about keeping reagents on hand. These chlorine analyzers are easy to use, so your staff will have an easier time tracking chlorine measurement. When it comes to chlorine measurement equipment, both of these items offer a top-of-the-line experience, including easy maintenance, so you won’t have to worry about your chlorine measurement system going offline at an inopportune time. You can’t go wrong with either of these as your online chlorine analyzer; they’re top-quality products from a trusted company: IC Controls.
IC Controls offers top-quality products at competitive prices. We really put the time and effort into making sure their products are well researched and developed. Our website contains plenty of literature to make sure you’re as educated as possible when it comes time to make your purchase.