White Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cookie
Show some love this Valentine’s Day with this White Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cookie! Promise, it will instantly be love at first bite. Get the recipe here.
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. That means it’s time to think of sweet treats you can give to your special someone. Although the highlight of this special day is not food, it is important that we don’t miss it. After all, we can’t last a day without it. So, without further ado, here’s a recipe we recommend.
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 teaspoon red gel paste
- 4 oz. melted white chocolate
For the Cookie Dough:
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pink gel paste
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioner’s sugar
- In a mixing bowl, sift together salt, baking powder, and flour. And then, add the butter and sugar. Slowly pour in the milk, pink gel paste, and egg. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a flat surface, sprinkle confectioner’s sugar. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about ¼-inch thick. Sprinkle more confectioner’s sugar to the surface as needed to prevent dough from sticking.
- Use 2 ½” x 3” heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut 3 dozen of hearts. You can re-roll the dough if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cookie doughs at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the cookies are set.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two on the sheet before transferring to the rack.
- Put half of the melted chocolates in a disposable pastry bag. Color the other half of the melted chocolates with the red gel paste before putting in a disposable pastry bag.
- Decorate your cookies with polka dots and stripes.
- Let the chocolate set before wrapping.
- Give them away as presents or eat them!
True, roses are lovely. A date night would be nice, too. Even last-minute gifts for Valentine’s Day can make the day extra special. However, nothing speaks about love the way these cookies do.