Easy Peasy Coconut Oil Waffles
Who does not love the good old classic waffle recipe? I know I do. But it is time to give it a boost and upgrade. Let us make it healthier and tastier!
What is your favorite go-to breakfast recipe? Mine would be coconut oil waffles. When I think about breakfast, the first thing that pops into my mind is waffles. It is super easy and quick to make yet tastes like heaven.
While we will never get bored of the old recipe of waffles smothered with butter and syrup – it is time for you and I to go outside the box. In a world filled with unhealthy foods, let us take a small step towards making better eating choices.
It is time to give the classic waffle recipe a boost and upgrade. This recipe is completely hale and hearty and can keep you fill for the rest of the morning.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the product instruction.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, coconut powder, and salt. Make sure to mix the ingredients evenly. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg, milk, extra virgin coconut oil, and vanilla extract together. Whisk until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk together until ingredients combine evenly with each other.
- Ladle coconut oil into the preheated waffle iron. Pour waffle mixture into the pan. Cook a side of the waffle for 3 to 5 minutes or until it becomes golden and crisp.
Make this coconut oil waffles recipe even healthier by adding fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, and kiwis as a topping. Of course, these are not your only choices. The sky is the limit! If you want, you can jazz it up with zucchini and pumpkin spice.
Master this easy peasy coconut oil waffles and make every morning special for your family and friends. It is time to for a hearty meal to replace a bowl of cereal and a bar of granola bar on the table. Start the day right with this coconut oil waffles recipe.
Using Coconut Oil
Did you know that extra virgin coconut oil is one of the most important ingredients in the recipe? It helps make the texture of the waffles lighter and firmer giving us a chewy and crispy waffle. Moreover, coconut oil helps make it look more golden too, thereby creating a more tempting appearance. Presentation, after all, is as important as how a food will taste.
Here is another waffle recipe you should try: Coconut Flour Waffles.