Easy Christmas Ham Steak
Wondering how to make Christmas ham quick and easy? Try this recipe for simple and delicious holiday meal inspiration.
Not every holiday gathering involves a dozen people and at least that many pies. Sometimes a simple but elegant meal that doesn’t take all day is the best gift ever. Our recipe for Christmas ham steak is perfect for an intimate dinner or as a main course for holiday buffet. With only 5 ingredients it’s easy and economical but still tastes special enough for a celebration meal. Pair our Christmas ham with au gratin potatoes and Savory Roasted Brussels Sprouts and a bakery-shop pie for a complete meal that you didn’t have to spend days preparing.
As mentioned, this recipe has only 5 ingredients—including the ham—and 3 of them are coconut-based. Using coconut sugar and coconut nectar syrup instead of brown sugar and molasses will prevent the glaze from becoming overly sweet plus the coconut products add a more complex flavor to this simple dish. Because ham is the star of the show, be certain to choose high-quality cooked ham steak about 3/4-inch thick. Approximately 1lb of steak is enough to serve four people.
- Christmas Ham Steak Everyone Will Love
- 4 teaspoons Coco Treasure Coconut Nectar Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure Coconut Cider Vinegar
- 1 lb. cooked ham steak cut into four servings
- Mix ingredients (except for ham) in a small bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Preheat oven to broil and place top rack approximately 6 inches from the heating element.
- Place ham steaks on broiler-safe pan and coat with glaze. Broil for 5 minutes or until glaze gets hot and bubbly but not burnt. Repeat on the second side.
Tip: Double the recipe if you’d like more glaze for serving at the table. Warm the extra glaze in a saucepan and serve hot.