Top 10 Traffic Signs and their meaning in Massachusetts
Disobeying or disregarding this science may cause danger. even auto body repair in Arlington, MA services advise drivers to follow these signs.
Road signs are extremely important for drivers as well as pedestrians. Different road signs do not different things and it is essential for communication between parcel buys and those who are driving vehicles on the road. Disobeying or disregarding this science may cause danger. even auto body repair in Arlington, MA services advise drivers to follow these signs:
Deer Stop Sign
1. The deer crossing sign can be seen very frequently in Massachusetts. This sign looks like a deer on a yellow background. It is usually triangular and placed on either side of the road. The sign is used to warn drivers of the areas where the population of deer is high and the animals may enter the road or cross the road. It implies that the driver is advised to slow down to avoid colliding with these animals and so that they may stop the car whenever necessary. Try to avoid hitting these animals if you want auto insurance in Arlington, MA.
No U Turn
2. Another very common sign is the keep right sign. This is usually used in narrow roads where there are dividers or some other obstructions present. This sign usually shows an arrow that is on the right side of an object and can usually be seen against a white background. This sign is used to warn drivers of any approaching obstruction present on the road and that they should change the lane and move to the right side of the road.
Men At Work
3. Men At Work is another sign which can be seen in some parts of Massachusetts. This sign usually shows a man holding a shovel against a white or red background. It wants the drivers that there may be men who are working on the road ahead and that the drivers should stay aware of it and lower their speed so that they can get the break if necessary.
No Bicycle Sign
4. No bicycle sign is another common Traffic sign which can be seen in Massachusetts. It usually shows a red circle with a cross within which a bicycle is drawn. This denotes that riding a bicycle on the specific road where this sign is present is not allowed.
5. Pedestrian crossing sign is present on traffic crossroads. It usually shows a man walking against a yellow background. This sign is placed where pedestrians are allowed to cross the road, especially near the intersections and crosswalks. This is which should be followed by the pedestrian.
6. The next sign is the stop sign. Usually, the word stop is written in capital letters on a red background. This is the only Traffic sign which is octagonal. This is one of the most important signs and should be avoided at all costs. The red color and the unique shape of the traffic sign make it quite an important sign. This shows that traffic has to stop over this sign is present. This sign is extremely important to avoid frequent road accidents.
7. Another very common sign is the speed limit sign. Usually, the speed limit is written on a board and placed on either side of the road. These speed limits vary from one road to the other depending on the traffic conditions and the condition of the road itself. A common speed limit in Massachusetts is 25 miles per hour in residential areas. However, on highways, the speed limit maybe 55 miles per hour or even 65 miles per hour depending on the highway.
8. Another important sign is the real sign. The word yield is written in the capital against a red background. This is used where the drivers from opposite directions should be allowed to pass to keep the traffic flowing and to avoid any unnecessary congestion.
No Parking Sign
9. No parking sign is also important when it comes to parking on the road. In certain places like near schools or offices, no parking sign is present which means that drivers are not allowed to park their cars in those specific areas.
No U Turn
10. Another sign is the no U-turn sign which prohibits drivers from taking U-turns.