Acoustic Solid Royal Turntable
Turntables from Acoustic Solid: Highest quality, optimized acoustics
The Acoustic Solid Royal is our state of the art model and represents the culmination of our development to date. A separately located motor isolates the platter from any motor induced vibration. The 70mm thick high-mass platter acts as a very effective flywheel to smooth out any residual cogging from the motor drive. The combination of an acrylic sheet and natural leather in the platter mat provides excellent damping of vibrations within the record. The platter rotates on a high-precision bearing of our own design and manufacture. This uses a plastic sleeve that is cast between the bearing housing and the spindle to provide what is essentially a "zero tolerance" fit. The bearing housing is mounted onto an 80mm thick aluminium chassis, which acts as a very efficient vibration sink. Provision for three tone arm bases is provided to allow the maximum flexibility in system configuration.
The Acoustic Solid Royal provides analogue playback of great naturalness and musicality. Stereo images are focussed and stable; dynamics are impressively realistic and background noise is all but negligible. When used in a system of the appropriate quality, you really can feel that the musicians are in the room and playing for you.
- Platter: 70 mm thick aluminium machined from a single billet
- Mat: Natural leather (royal blue) with a 5mm thick acrylic layer
- Feet: 3 feet, each height adjustable and individually decoupled with special Teflon washers
- Motor type: Synchronous
- Control: Microprocessor controlled power supply
- Drive: String-drive by a separately housed motor
- Chassis: 80 mm strong aluminum body, prepared to mount 3 tone arms
- Dimensions: 440 x 440 mm; 240 mm
- Weight: Approx 50 kg
For more information, click here.