2020 and beyond - a western astrology perspective Part FIVE
This is part 5 to a series of how "what is happening today" can be seen through the lens of western astrology, and the placements of the planets in our sky...
Cover photo from https://www.etsy.com/
Well, Part FOUR of this series took an unexpected turn towards "darkness", but, truly, that is what we can expect from Alahnnaa, with Pluto conjuncting her North Node. And on that note, lets get into Pluto, and then Alahnnaa will try to step aside so that I can try to transmit some light.
In the SIDESTEP, we tried to show you some of the major cycles that were going on right now, and we may have left out the impact of the new Saturn-Pluto cycle and the ongoing Uranus-Pluto square, which has taken close to 50 years to "mature", from the mid 1960s to the mid 2010s.
It is difficult to do a clinical separation, with solid lines between the influences from one aspect to another. Thus, it may be more helpful to think of the bigger cycles (i.e., those involving Pluto) as 'lines in the sands of time', which can be interpreted as; the old phasing out gradually, while the new is slowly coming into our consciousness.
Its hard to draw a solid line in the sand, when it comes to big astrological events
It may take months, or a few years, before the new influence will fully manifests into our physical reality. The lines are the markers, but the sands of time continue to flow seemingly uninterrupted.
In general, Pluto has an over-arching influence, and is a major player who has been rebuilding our collective reality mostly "behind the lines", in "military camouflage" since 2008. In fact, Pluto has been working single-handedly most of this time, with the exception of 2010, when you could see Pluto come more to the forefront to make powerful aspects/geometries with Saturn and Uranus, in the early degrees of cardinal signs.
Alahnnaa is considered a Lord according to the Wealth Dynamics profiles. A Lord is someone who works in the background, whom you never see coming, and then suddenly, there she is, with her solid foundation/empire. So, as you can imagine, this behaviour of Pluto, is something Alahnnaa is quite comfortable and familiar with...
What we have right now, is kind of a mix of some of the old Uranus-Pluto aspect in the mid 1960s, combined with the instability and rumblings of the Uranus-Pluto aspect in the mid 2010s, plus the death of the previous Saturn-Pluto cycle and rebirth of a new Saturn-Pluto cycle in 2020-2021.
This is where Alahnnaa will (try to) let Stan take over:
One of the basic assumptions, in an astrology reading, is that most clients, who seek advice from an astrologer, are primarily interested in knowing:
- how long the current change or crisis is going to last,
- will it be mainly good or bad, and
- what will it take to make the situation go away?
This is essentially akin to the basic questions we ask of our family doctors when we are dealing with a stubborn cold or a viral infection:
- how many pills,
- how many times per day,
- for how many days, and
- will I be healthy when I’m done taking this prescription?
Simple, uncomplicated, and easy to prescribe ‘a cure’.
Things become increasingly more complicated, when astrologers are looking at the world affairs, and events affecting the general public, while trying to predict or to come up with a reasonably accurate astrological forecast, for the entire world, and for humanity.
Considering our current state of affairs (in Canada and worldwide), we may feel pretty certain about the nature and the workings of this virus, we may have fairly accurate data about the number of people infected (by country and across the globe), we may know how the virus spreads (in most cases), and the basic preventative measures we can apply to try to safeguard ourselves, or not.
What we certainly do not know is:
- the possible length of this pandemic,
- if this virus will actually go away for good, once we manage to "flatten the curve" worldwide, and
- why this sudden outbreak occurred in late 2019, in China, and continued to spread so rapidly in early 2020.
There are a few scientific theories, linking the early infections to wet markets and our consumption of animals, see:
Other theories suggest there was an unexpected ‘jump’ of this virus from bats to humans, and some people even think this virus was triggered by a beta test of fhive gee, see:
Alahnnaa's Instagram post (unfortunately the video has been removed from YouTube, because it apparently does not suit their agenda) - my favorite line in this video was "if you were and expert on dolphins, and suddenly a bunch of dolphins got sick, would you start a genetic sequencing of the dolphin's DNA, or would you ask - hey, did someone put some sh*t in the water?"
Still, none of this explains why this is all happening NOW!
The underlying conditions, for the worldwide spread of a viral infection, have been with us for decades, i.e.,:
- frequent air travel between countries and continents,
- great masses of people gathering daily at airports, train and bus stations,
- olympic games (which are now taking place every two years, attracting millions of fans, athletes, media, politicians, and wealthy celebrities),
- ditto for any large and significant sporting events, including; tennis, hockey, football, baseball, basketball, car racing, skiing and so on,
- similar conditions and daily gatherings of people moving from one place to the next can easily include; subway stations, workplaces, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, movie theatres, shopping malls and so on.
Our current economy model is fueled by people’s insatiable appetites for:
- more entertainment, more clothes, more electronics (in any shape or form), more international travel, and more consumerism, in general, having us want more, and shop for more products and services, whether we actually need them or not.
- more clothes, more electronics (in any shape or form), more international travel, and more consumerism, in general, having us want more, and shop for more products and services, whether we actually need them or not.
- more electronics (in any shape or form), more international travel, and more consumerism, in general, having us want more, and shop for more products and services, whether we actually need them or not.
- more international travel, and more consumerism, in general, having us want more, and shop for more products and services, whether we actually need them or not.
- more consumerism, in general, having us want more, and shop for more products and services, whether we actually need them or not.
And here we are.
Long term cycles, such as these, will be covered in level two of our astrology course. A FREE info session will occur via zoom on April 26th, 2020, 3-5pm EDT, and level one for this course is set to occur via zoom on May 2nd, 3rd, 23rd, 24th, and June 13th, 14th, 930am-12pm EDT.