Where are the Best Places to Network?
A lot of people think business networking is a waste of time. It can be if you end up at the wrong event. Here's some tips to guide you to the right ones.
With so many events to attend, it's hard to know which ones are best.
So here's a some tips to guide you:
1) Set specific goals. Whatever you want to achieve, you will need others to help you (or your goals are not big enough). Be clear about what you want to achieve by business networking.
2) Who can help you achieve them? Make a list of the people who can help you reach your goals.
3) Which events do these people attend?
4) Research upcoming events. Find events to attend where these people will be. When you find events that match up with people you want to meet, register and select a VIP ticket if possible that includes opportunities to meet with other VIPs.
5) If it's not clear who will be attending an event, reach out to the host ahead of time and ask.
6) Contact attendees before the event - request to meet at the event.
With some advance planning you will find events that are attended by the people you want to meet. In turn, you will find networking events are one of the best uses of your time and money for achieving your business and life goals.
Find business networking events in the Greater Toronto Area at www.BizNetworkNews.com